Fairfax Collegiate will offer a TJ SIS Essay Boot Camp in the winter. This boot camp is a follow-up to our Fall TJ Exam Prep Boot Camps.
This boot camp prepares students for the semifinalist round of the TJ admissions process, which will be held on Saturday, February 9.
It is open both to students who have or have not taken the Fall TJ Exam Prep Boot Camps.
TJ SIS Essay Boot Camp
- Students learn how to efficiently work under time constraints and write organized, informative, and grammatically correct essays
- Students spend significant time practicing personal statements and writing about their interest in math, science, technology, and TJ
- Students are exposed to typical TJ SIS essay prompts and learn what the TJ Admissions Committee is looking for in their essays
- Students prepare for the "Problem-Solving Essay" section, which requires applicants to prepare a written response to a challenging mathematics or science-related question
- The class features our proprietary Fairfax Collegiate TJ SIS Essay Preparation workbook
- The class runs each Sunday from 12/30 through 2/3. There are two class sections available: from 10:00 AM to 1:00PM, and from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
- The class is held in our main office at 722 Grant Street, Suite J in Herndon
- The fee for the class is $500
- Enrollment limit: 12 students per section
Fairfax Collegiate has offered summer TJ Test Prep courses since 2004, and each summer over 300 students attend our TJ Test Prep courses.
The fee for attending the boot camp (six class sessions) is $500. Each section of the boot camp has a strict enrollment limit of 12 students, so we encourage interested families to register as soon as possible.